- I´m really delayed with this post. I´ve had it in mind since the 27th Nov, God!, doesn´t time fly?. Well, I hope to remember everything I absorbed during the 4 hours course I attended that afternoon, when I looked at my watch and realised I had been there for three hours already and I had just one left I couldn´t believe it. It was worth it!. I really enjoyed it.
- There I went, with my notebook in the bag, to keep track of all the absorbed information. The place, this so beautiful shop, which back room is adapted to teach different subjects in small groups. In one of Vitoria´s most beautiful streets. C/ Correría. More information about this beautiful and medieval area of this city in HERE. (These two pictures below aren´t mine.)
- Annie Sloan first developed the Chalk paint in 1990. I have read many articles about this kind of paint, specially in British decoration magazines, and I must say I´ve read Annie´s name many times, but I must confess I´m not a DIY person myself and I have never looked around in these shops if they sold this kind of paint. I must confess not until I started to paint surfaces I could use to take pictures of my food for my blog that I started to buy paint, and it´s then when I first saw Galería Púrpura, the courses and started to watch Annie Sloan´s videos in youtube.
- What I like most about this paint is that we don´t have to prepare the surface we want to paint or the piece of furniture. We just paint it, following certain instructions and movements of the hand....I´m not going to give detailed information in here, the course is for that and Pilar will take care of you and explain everything beautifully. We learnt how to paint smooth, to create a vintage look and even to get a rustic chippy look, this last technique some did because no matter how hard some of us tried with the hair dryer to accelerate the process, some of us didn´t get it properly.
- While we had a cup of coffee, we looked at the different pieces of furniture and different techniques.
- I love back rooms, full of personality and full of things and memories.
- And between sandpapers and painting the afternoon came to an end.
- You can buy the Chalk paint in the shop or on-line. I´ll go to visit Pilar next time, my family thinks I´m going to start painting all the furniture I have at home at any moment.
- I already used the board I painted that day to take a picture with a recipe.
- I´ll give you all the details about Galería Púrpura´s blog, it´s beautiful and gives many details about this chalk paint.
¡LISTO! / DONE!